Thursday, November 4, 2010

AI

Quoted from the Rip Curl Pro website:

A few words from Kelly, Mick, Steph, and CJ:


9X World Champion, Kelly Slater

"Everyone had their own connection with Andy on so many different levels. He was a classic guy. Although he and I butted heads a lot years ago, I have a million good memories of Andy and we have become pretty good friends since."


"There aren't words to describe this. Unfortunately, I've been through this with friends and there's nothing that can make it better. You just have to feel it and process all those memories."




2X World Champion, Mick Fanning


"It was good having the paddle-out and getting everyone together. We're a surfing family. We all look out for each other. So just for us to paddle out and show our respects to

Andy, to his family, to all his friends on Kaui and Hawaii - it means a lot. We're all hurting right now and we're just wanting to pay our respects today."


"Andy was incredible. I think he was a person that always wore his heart on his sleeve. He didn't try to impress anyone. He was just all about what he wanted to do. He was an amazing competitor and an amazing friend. But I haven't just lost a friend here, I've lost my brother. It's hard to take."


4X World Champion, Stephanie Gilmore


"Andy in particular was an amazing guy. He was one of the most beautiful human-beings. Such an incredible competitor, but always so gentle and so kind. He always gave you the time of day. No matter where you were or how busy he was, he'd stop and say hi and ask how you were going. He's going to be really, really missed by everyone. I think everybody admires him so much and he'll never be forgotten."




1X World Champion, CJ Hobgood


"I think the biggest thing is that we are thankful for so much. I'm thankful to be a surfer because we are family. I'm thankful to be a part of Andy's family. I've traveled with him since I was 12 years old and I believe that he has made me a better person; he's made everyone around him a better person."

"I think all of the surfers here today understand that you can't ever know when your time is up, so it's comforting to know that we were all here for him as one."






No comments:

Post a Comment