Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Wednesday's Non-Surf

And on a side note, no surfing for me today. I would love to have gone out but i was busy doing good deeds all day.

The swell looks nice, with plenty of west, and since June has finally arrived, so to has the much anticipated warmer water. Today was the first day in about a week, maybe more, where the afternoon winds started to dominate. I didn't see the water exactly, but the winds seem to be showing over 5 knts for most regions with much stronger gusts. I try to keep a close eye on the data I can find even when not surfing; Friday, Saturday, and Sunday were all decent wind days considering the past month, overall good surf days, and although I couldn't get out to the water, Monday and Tuesday looked decent as well. This first week of June has been predominately overcast here in Orange County, and with that hot, lingering cloud cover usually comes a relative stillness in the air. Clean conditions have prevailed, as if June itself had sheltered our home from the fickle on-shores that plague this warming season.

No comments:

Post a Comment